Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome and Farewell

WELCOME:

Not wanting to be left out on the fun for too long, Gavin Ryan joined his cousins (Camryn and Lex) on May 16th (4 days early and on his mom and dad's 1 year anniversary - ooooh, he's already a sentimental guy). Gavin belongs to my little brother Todd and his beautiful baby-loving wife Alexis. I couldn't be more thrilled for her (oh, and Todd) to have a baby of their own! This is our second set of trio cousins. The last set just turned three. It's fun, you should try it with your siblings!
FAREWELL:
Unfortunately, one part of each trio - Hudson and Lex - are spoiling the fun. They just moved to Arizona. BOOOOOO! For the last year and a half (since we have lived here), our whole family (parents plus all six kids) have lived less than 10 miles of each other. It has been a blast! It was rough watching my brother Timothy drive away in a U-Haul. I love him and Shelbie so much. I am one of those lucky ones who has amazing brother and sister-in-laws. My sister and I like to plan out other people's lives. But, we would not have picked anyone better for my two brothers than the girls they chose. There were plenty of tears last week as we all realized that this was happening. It's a great opportunity for their family and a perfect area for them. But, we are expecting them back in a couple of years. You hear that, Tim? Shelbie?Papa enjoying some last moments with Hudson and Lex...
Papa and Juju with trio cousins part 2...

2 comments:

Jason and Summer, but really just Summer said...

Did I know Todd and Alexis were having a baby?!? How fun for your family. I am part of a trio cousins. I loved it growing up and still love it! I am excited that all my siblings minus Jaclyn have little ones the same age...that is four babies (or should I say toddlers)around 18 months. I feel your pain about watching tim and shelbie move away. Hopefully they will be able to visit often!!

Lydia Moon said...

How fun to have babies around the same time as your siblings! You are lucky to have some of them close by still.