Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hansen Originals - the girly variety

Earlier this year I made Hansen Original shirts for my boys. This last week, it was my turn for new clothes. A couple weeks ago my cute sister-in-law came to town with a wardrobe of made-over clothes. What a great idea! I have several shirts that are old and boring. I had her show me how to make ruffles in preparation for my own make-over shirts.
My sister and I went through our closets and set aside a day to come together with piles of old shirts - some to embelish, some to cut up as embelishments! I was assigned to the sewing machine, which meant I also made friends with the seam ripper. We had such a fun day, but I don't love everything I did - I know too much about them.
We couldn't stop giggling after we made something and tried it on. I kept thinking of that Cosby show where Theo wants a designer shirt, but it costs too much. Remember that one? His sister says she can make it for him and it turns out a disaster. Don't worry, I found a picture in case you missed it...
Unfortunately I don't have pictures of my sister's shirts (she is way more cute and creative than I am), but here are mine...(These first ones still have pins in them, but you get the idea)

2 comments:

Brigette said...

I SO remember that episode - he wanted a Gordon Gartrell shirt to impress this girl at school! LOVE the Cosby Show...

And love what you did to your shirts - I think I need to re-visit some things in my closet too!

Janet said...

So cute!