Saturday, November 6, 2010

College

Tonight Koby and Spencer announced to me that they weren't planning on going to college. I assumed it must have been because they didn't want to go to more school. Turns out, Brandon told them that when they went to college they would move away. They didn't like the sound of that. So we discussed their other options. Koby decided he would go to BYU and Spencer chose UVU. That way they could both still live at home. For now, that sounds great to me!
On another future-topic - Koby has asked me a few times this week about a cell phone and how old he needs to be to get one. WHAT? He is 8! I made no promises. I learned my lesson when he was 4 or 5 and I told him he could get a pet when he turned 8. Now we have a neglected hamster.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I love that Spence is a UVU fan. I hope my kids want to stay home too!

Todd Claybaugh said...

Go UVU! And I guess Koby will serve in the Provo Utah North Mission and Spencer in the Provo Utah South? :)

Brigette said...

That's so great - thanks for sharing this story, it made my whole family laugh!

Valerie said...

My kids sometimes worry about that too. Especially the girls, they want to always live close. You have the perfect arrangement living there! Guess I'll be heading to Utah in the not to distant future:) Thanks for sharing. Love your dad's comment! Too funny!