Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Mondays and Thursdays

Growing up, my mom always did laundry on Mondays and Thursdays. Since I've been married, I've followed the tradition of doing laundry once or twice a week, rather than a little every day. The days and frequency have changed and evolved. As I sorted laundry tonight I thought about my laundry days - Mondays and Thursdays. It's been this way for a while and I think it's here to stay. Apparently the system works! With four kids and my boys' cothes only getting bigger, I have one more reason for wanting a king size bed - I need more room to fold and pile! What's laundry day like around your house?
PS - I think this may be the 2nd or 3rd post that I've done on laundry. Am I a stay-at-home-mom or what? But, so are most of you, because there is always lots of response on this topic.

3 comments:

Janet said...

I was always surprised that your Mom just did laundry twice a week. I had the same number of kids and I did two loads every day. Can't imagine saving up dirty clothes for a few days. Whatever works for you!

Lopez Life said...

I wish that i could get away with doing laundry once or twice a week!!!

Amy said...

I do two loads every day. I skip Sunday and Monday is horrible!! So I gotta keep my rythm, I hate folding laundry.