Sunday, April 10, 2011

Snakes and snails and puppy dog tails

Koby is ALL BOY! This post is proof.

My sister's oldest is a boy. But, she is currently baking her third girl. She loves everything girl. She prefers the sassyness (is that a word, because spell check doesn't like it) of girls to the stinkyness (again, a word?) and gross out humor of boys. Koby reminds her weekly of this. His most recent episodes include playing us a Beethoven song with no instruments other than his armpit. Then, playing it using flarp as his instrument.
Last week Kim helped him dish up spaghetti and meatballs. She was disgusted (I don't blame her) when he grabbed a couple extra meatballs and stuffed them in his pockets!
Here are the shoes that currently take Koby exploring in the field, climbing trees, and who knows where else (I don't think I want to know). He loves them and refuses to throw them away (but, they will somehow magically disappear one of these days!)

Did you forget about the snake head? You really must remind yourself.

And, of course, you can't call yourself a true boy until you've had a baseball incident like this one.

I sure do love Koby and his enthusiasm for life, even if he does try my patience regularly - I'm sure that's my own fault. He has several sweet moments a day as an older brother. I treasure those. I can't wait to see what other boy adventures are in store for our family!

0 comments: