Friday, September 30, 2011

Oh no...a dangerous recipe!

IMG400.jpgIMG401.jpg
Oh my! How have I not discovered this before? I took my tried and true family favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and added caramel bits and pretzel pieces! I originally saw the idea with peanut butter chips rather than caramel, which would be good too. But, I wanted the chewy from the caramel mixed with the cruncy pretzel.

Now, I am more of a dough kind of girl...how could this dough not be amazing? But, I was wondering if the pretzels would stay crunchy once baked...yes! Perfect!

If you are normal and love sweet and salty, you must try this now! In fact, I'll give you my exact recipe....
1 cup softened butter (NOT melted)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
Cream together, then add...
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
Just mix until blended, then add...
chocolate chips
peanut butter chips or caramel bits
pretzels, coarsely crunched
Bake 375 for 6-8 minutes.
DO NOT overbake...this is my pet peeve. Take them out sooner if you aren't sure, you can always leave them on the pan an extra couple of minutes and they will continue to bake. Enjoy!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

0 comments: