Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Not the look I'm going for...

Most things in my closet are quite a few years old. I have been trying to update my wardrobe a little at a time, but am having a hard time. Am I being one of those people, you know...stuck in a certain era? Because I am finding that I don't want to buy what is popular now. I'm sorry if I don't want to look like this girl I found on Gap's website today...

Really? Is anyone with me on this? If I had this outfit on I would not feel confident. I would feel frumpy. Blah. Don't get me wrong, my neighbors will tell you that I dress comfy all the time. But, that's when I am home scrubbing toilets and floors, or on my way to or from the gym. And, the glasses....why don't girls care about looking pretty and feminine?
Anyway, no wonder I am having a hard time replacing my old clothes. At least they show off my curves and make me look like a woman. Even if it does date me a little.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I feel the same way! All the stores I go to I end up walking out empty-handed and wondering what the heck the designers were thinking! I usually end up shopping at Ann Taylor Loft when there are sales because everything there is classic and is always in style (mostly). But you are so cute Cami so whatever you wear you always look great!

Brigette said...

Yup! I agree 100% with you Cami! And I really struggle with buying clothes for my girls! I don't want them looking like loafers either! Yuck! I really feel like President Hinckley warned us about this very thing - that the dress and way boys and girls look are becoming more and more alike - so much so that it can sometimes be hard to define if they are a boy or a girl -- we have to uphold our foreordained feminine characteristics! I agree with shopping the sales at Ann Taylor Loft. Seriously time to start sewing and designing our own stuff!

By the way -- even in your comfy clothes you're always beautiful!

Lydia Moon said...

I agree! I'm finding that I have to go to the higher end stores like Banana Republic, White House/Black Market, Ann Taylor, etc to find anything I like. I used to love to shop at stores like Old Navy, but lately I just don't like anything they have. My wardrobe needs a serious update too, but I'm having a really hard time finding things I like that I can actually afford to buy.